Gutter and downspout

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc0319

Reaction score
I need to put up one piece of gutter and down spout that is about 20' long. Any good video or instructions on how to,do this?

Not sure how a video can show a DIY 101 job like that.
Your going to have to give some more info.
Are you going to try and install some DIY cheap plastic never going to work out gutters you picked up at the box store?
Far better to have someone come install seamless gutters.
Never going to leak or sag.
The cheap ones you can buy at the box store have rubber seals at the seams that tend to leak, there only about 10' long.
By the time you buy all the pieces and parts they would have been done and gone.

joecaption said:
Not sure how a video can show a DIY 101 job like that.
Your going to have to give some more info.
Are you going to try and install some DIY cheap plastic never going to work out gutters you picked up at the box store?
Far better to have someone come install seamless gutters.
Never going to leak or sag.
The cheap ones you can buy at the box store have rubber seals at the seams that tend to leak, there only about 10' long.
By the time you buy all the pieces and parts they would have been done and gone.

Joecaption - let's remember that not everyone here is as experienced as you. Apologies if me asking a question appears to be a "DIY 101" issue to you. Obviously it is not to me. Rather than have someone come out and charge me four times what it would cost me to do it myself, I want to take this on. If this is not the right place to ask questions like this I better find another forum.

Like Joe said, the vinyl stuff is a nightmare after it is up and if you can find a yard that sells the aluminium stuff, it mostly is never longer than 16 ft. Like Joe after 16 ft I would try to make a deal with someone that can make it in one peice. If you can carry 20 ft and take carefull measurements and hole location, they can make it up and installation is fairly simple.

Latest posts

Back