DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Where do my gutters lead to????

Old 10-30-2012, 01:53 PM  
thegogetter222

Likes Given: 4

Default Where do my gutters lead to????

Hey guys, I cannot find where my gutters and 2 garage floor drains discharge too! We are on a well and septic system and I have confirmed 100% that they do NOT drain into the septic. I did this by oppositely running the shower and running a hose in the gutters, while listening to my septic with the lid off. Shower, clearly yes; gutters, clearly no. I can trace it all the way around my house to a white vertical vent pipe which goes under a backroom towards the septic, but not into.

Is there a standard dry well design homes use? Thats the only thing I can think of. I haven't been able to find an outlet hose anywhere on our property.

Thank you in advance!

Home Built 1995
Slab foundation
13acres in the middle of the woods
Kids, Tractors, family
www.youtube.com/user/thegogetter222

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 968 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1653

You may have to try water witching

Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 PM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

gutter and perimiter drains flow down through an underground trench, Perferated pipe is used around the house at the footings and travels down the trench slowly taking the water away gutter drains are solid pipe around the house above or beside the piremiter drain but in the same trench but the gutter drain turns into a perforated pipe away from the house and leads either into multiple trenches or a well. Goggle this and you will find all kinds of info.

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Make an eccentric weight by putting an L shaped steel metal piece on the end of a snake in the pipe
and spin the snake with an elec. drill.
Don't use a lead weight for the same reason that nobody makes bells out of lead.

As you feed the snake into the pipe, follow along on the ground with a rented stethoscope for the periodic rapping sound. Even a metal or wooden stick between the ground and the bone near your ear (bone conduction) may work.

A very sensitive metal detector may also work if you can find one to rent.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 11-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply