DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > any individual property investors here?

Old 09-23-2005, 02:39 PM  
paintinglady

Default any individual property investors here?

I've been toying with the idea of property investing. I would prefer to do it on my own, no partner. I would love to chat with anyone who may be doing this already to get more in-depth information.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 04:33 PM  
Victor

Default I just bought my first investment property.

I just bought my first investment property. It's an old four-square style house. I got it quite cheap considering it's in a very nice neighborhood with good schools. It's structurally sound, just needs a lot of tlc. The damage done to the home is mostly neglect and the intentional damage done by a disgruntled man who was unhappy that his wife was awarded the home in a divorce settlement. I have a friend who is a real estate agent and he was able to help me decide what property would be the best investment for me.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:18 PM  
Station

I would like to buy some land. Perhaps 40-50 acres out in the middle of the nowhere.

Just like to have to go camping/shooting, etc.

If it was only myself and family that went there would I need to have property insurance?

Say someone jumped the fence and got hurt. Am I responisble even though they are trespassing?

Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 AM  
phillylandlord

Default femal philly investor

Hi paintinglady. I am a single mom and I have invested in real estate. Would love to answer any questions. Got loads of advice, (how to check someones credit online for just 20 bucks, a social security number and a birthday)

ask away!

Quick Reply