DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > HVAC > Question concerning whole house humidifier and type of duct

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 AM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9
Default Question concerning whole house humidifier and type of duct

I want to install an Aprilaire 400 by-pass humidifier in a system that has a fiberboard supply line and a metal return. The house was built in 1987 and we bought it in 2008. I changed the return line to metal when we replaced the oil furnace. The new furnace is a Thermo Pride two stage OH6. I've read putting humidifiers in older fiberboard lines can cause problems with mold but was wondering if having an all metal return where the Aprilaire would be mounted would solve the problem.

Thanks for the help!

ChrisM is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
New House Question 95stang50 HVAC 1 05-23-2011 08:23 PM
Help with unknown wall type and unknown paint type needtofixwall Walls and Ceilings 2 09-16-2010 11:08 AM
Whole house humidifier brasilmom HVAC 13 12-10-2009 08:19 AM
What type of duct configuration goes between an add on wood to a high boy oil furnace bobby HVAC 0 10-06-2009 10:00 AM
Remove Fungus from Main Beam of House And Insulate Duct spillinatech HVAC 2 02-27-2007 12:35 PM