Amana Technical Guide ADB1500AWS? Field service test info?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamboon

Reaction score
Hiya,

I successfully ran the field service test for my Amana ADB1500AWS. However, I cannot interpret the result without the manual. Does anybody know how to get it? The result is: Delay Hour 2 and Quick Wash LEDs blinking.

Anyone know where to get the manual for this sucker?

Thanks,
Joel

I'm looking for the 1500 equivalent of this guy: http://www.applianceaid.com/pdf/adb1200aws.pdf
It might be easier to check each component to the specs given here. At least you will know what is not the problem.

Evidently diagnostic codes are only for service techs to know
and in a country where corporations are like Kings
you risk your life and limb even asking the question! :eek:

And Stihl refused to sell me a factory manual for my gas leaf blower. And a VCR maker offered to sell me a service manual for a price equalling the cost of new unit.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...i=cNf1UM3LOM_y0QG4qIAQ&ved=0CEYQ9QEwAw&dur=11

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips folks. Appreciated.

Turns out the service manual and diagnostic codes were taped behind the footer panel. I ran the field service test, which indicated there was an error with "Motor - low current". Running the manual test for "Wash Motor" also produced an error. I see there are a few "motors" in this thing though, but running the other manual tests for "Vent", "Dispenser", and "Drain pump" all pass. At this point, I'm assuming the next step is to replace the wash motor. Is this reasonable? I also see I can use a meter to read the ohms in the wash motor. Could it be something else besides the motor given the results so far?

Thanks for the tips folks. Appreciated.

Turns out the service manual and diagnostic codes were taped behind the footer panel. I ran the field service test, which indicated there was an error with "Motor - low current". Running the manual test for "Wash Motor" also produced an error. I see there are a few "motors" in this thing though, but running the other manual tests for "Vent", "Dispenser", and "Drain pump" all pass. At this point, I'm assuming the next step is to replace the wash motor. Is this reasonable? I also see I can use a meter to read the ohms in the wash motor. Could it be something else besides the motor given the results so far?
Check the motor thoroughly because you could be getting a false negative (falsely indicates that a good motor is bad) with the code.
Also, there doesn't seem to be too many ways that a motor could fail and draw less than the spec'd value.
This one bears more looking into.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. So I hauled the thing out, checked all the relevant bits and pieces with a meter against the specs and everything checked out. Confused, I ran the diagnostic test and it all passed. Confused again, I ran it through a quick cycle and it did just fine. Now I've put it back and it won't run.

Confusion reigns. I feel like some electronic pieces are lying...

Ended up replacing the control board. Feels like it shouldn't have been this hard...

Thanks for your help folks.

Latest posts

Back