DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Dead bolt question

Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM  
cut_un

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Dead bolt question

Used the front door yesterday(hardly ever use the thing,,,,) I noticed the Kwikset dead bolt was loose. I removed to set screw holding the thumb latch and slipped the latch itself off. BUT... can not seem to slide the inside cover plate off, When I look at it up close, looks to be a small flange holding it on ,one that will not allow it's removel.... I figure if I remove the inside cover, I should be able to get to the screws to tighten up the whole bolt assembly.... I hate to pry onthe cover too hard and have to buy a new dead bolt....which is usually the case,with my luck Thanks guy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 06:56 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 925 Times on 826 Posts
Likes Given: 1595

http://www.kwikset.com/Customer-Supp...tallation.aspx

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply