DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Carpentry and Woodworking > Kitchen Cabinet 24" sink base ??

Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM  
ggnuncleb

Default Kitchen Cabinet 24" sink base ??

I have 24" kitchen cabinet sink base I want to put undermout sink in is there a way to modify cabinet so I can put a bigger undermount sink in?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 AM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 927 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 1596

If you have drawers in the top of the cupboard on each side you might be able to steal the space you need by cutting down the gable between the cupboard but you will lose drawers or you would have to some modifying to get some of the drawers back.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 PM  
mako1

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

I've done this several times and you will loose the top drawer at least.You have to cut the sides down on the adjoining cabinets to accept the sink.After it is installed you can take the fronts off of the lost drawers and put some cleats behind the face frame to screw the drawer front to.It will look the same as before you have just lost the drawers.

Quick Reply