removing caulking from a windows/aztek

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdin

Reaction score
I had a contractor install some windows and it looks like he used caulking, not silicone where he sealed the windows to the Aztek.

The color of the caulking has now turned pee yellow and has dirt stuck to it and looks horrible.

I wanted to remove the caulking and use silicone, is there a best practice for removing the caulking? I can provide pictures later if required.

Thanks guys

Silicone will yellow too. You might be able to clean the old caulk of dirt by wiping it down with some type of solvent.

anyone know what caulk would be good to seal a doorwall? It has been leaking a bit and I need it torally sealed until I can remove and replace the whole thing. the guy actually put the thing in backwards in the house we bought

There are caulcks to use that can even be applied when it's raining. Sidwinder, geocel and lexcel are all professional caulks. They do get messy, but they work fantastic for those times your just trying to "dry in" a job for later.
Good luck.

I would throw OSI in that mix as well.

See if you can clean the sealant before ripping it out.

Latest posts

Back