Magnetic water treatment is a joke. They don't work! Don't waste your time, money or energy on them.
I am in my late 60's. The first one I saw was when I was working with my Dad in a guy's basement. I was a teenager. He had this red plastic thing strapped to one of his main water pipes. I asked him what it was and he said a magnetic water softener. I asked him how it worked. He said it didn't do a thing except lighten his wallet.
I have a customer that paid over $800.00 for one. I told him it wouldn't work. He brought it in our shop and it was an impressive looking thing. It was made of Stainless and Brass. It was extremely heavy. He installed it, then after a few months he had us put in a water softener.