Interesting! I guess for a nice straight corner this would work well. You would fasten the piece and then take out the V. For a not so straight corner you might have problems. Still, for an outside corner, you want the protection that a vinyl or metal corner bead offers - drywall itself is not all that durable.
- Taping & Finishing Drywall Joints
- Inside & Outside Corner Drywall Joints
- How to Repair Small and Big Holes
- How to Build and Finish Drywall Arches
- How to Apply or Repair Texture
Free Tutorials at http://www.drywallinfo.com