installing vinyl planks on bathroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks havasu. It's a basement floor, so the idea of solid vinyl is pretty much a given. We are still looking at materials and trying to figure out bang for the buck. So far, we have ruled out the tafficmaster 'grip-strip' stuff. It seems they separate too easily (unless there is an adhesive that can be added??) The interlocking Allure Ultra is winning so far, but i have heard stories of gaps and disconnecting from the interlocks.

So questions: Is there a competitor to the Allure Ultra that I should look at?
If you used the Ultras, did they cause you any headaches? Are you happy with the way it turned out?

I also have questions about getting the concrete subfloor ready (exposed cutback adhesive) but I will start a new thread for that.

Question for the OP: are those vinyl planks or tiles? I'm considering the interlocking planks for my basement and i want to get some feedback on the installation.
Yes these are adhesive interlocking vinyl planks (3 tile pattern per plank) not tiles. The manufacturer claim it will give good protection from water. I initially was going to do non-interlocking tiles but decided not good idea for bathroom. Thanks,

Thanks gg. I have heard that some people are complaining about the adhesive interlocking; that they don't stay stuck together. A few have mentioned that they need to be rolled with a 100 lb. floor roller. Just thought I would mention it while your floor was still new. it may be worth doing.

Thanks gg. I have heard that some people are complaining about the adhesive interlocking; that they don't stay stuck together. A few have mentioned that they need to be rolled with a 100 lb. floor roller. Just thought I would mention it while your floor was still new. it may be worth doing.

Yes i need to do a rolling. I did the kitchen with wood pattern planking and did the rolling with 20lb something plus my own body weight but for bathroom, I did not. I shd do it soon. For instruction, they specifically point out the importance of rolling to prevent water seepage. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back