Dome ceiling on the cheap

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
Trusses were ordered with a nondescript sq. vault. It was later framed out to a flat circle on top of that was placed what had been an eight foot satelite dish.
(fibreglass) Sorry,photo was not good enough.:D

I had pics of the framing before the computer crashed and the last pic was after the ceiling was painted white so and it didn't show up, other than white on white and I couldn't make it out.
But I thought it was a great use of old dishes that can be had for free.

I love to repurpose stuff. The other day I took an old TV cart with rollers on it and mounted my 12" chop saw on it. Beats throwing it away. Now I can move the saw around without a lot of lifting when I need it.

The gold accents were a nice touch, Neal! I like your repurposed ceiling.

DOME.jpg

Villa, Thanks for the pic. Now maybe Oldog can immagine just above the dental molding in a ceiling. They put this in the master onsuite, I would have put it in the entrence way as this is a great house with all the extras.

Oh, one of those...I thought everyone had at least a couple of those in their house. Heck, we got 6 of em in the ol doublewide...

I was thinking of using an old dish and doing that but after I got it mounted to the ceiling I kept hitting my head on the LNA so I took it down.

I was thinking of using an old dish and doing that but after I got it mounted to the ceiling I kept hitting my head on the LNA so I took it down.

new technology 2014, no TV just mount the dish and recieve message directly to the head.:rofl:

Was it like this, the one you saw in your dream?

188_ufo_exterior3_a.jpg

Latest posts

Back