Pulled the trigger on Flotec, UPC 022315100022, $83 + tax at HD.
The box says it needs a 5/8" ID output hose but the inside literature says 3/4" ID.
Plugged it in and it did make a noise like it runs and air came out of the output port. So far, so good.
Then I ran a hose to a drain and plugged this thing into extension cord and tried to drain the sump but water came out of everywhere since I didn't use Teflon tape on any of the fittings.
By this time there was water and 120v everywhere and I was close to qualifying for a Darwin Award and I was so drunk that doorframes went out of their way to hit me. Fug, yes!
So I stopped.
In the days to come I will build my own float switch from Microswitches from my basement junkbox and plastic pill containers. This float assembly will be detachable for ease of testing.
Since it's way more important that the pump runs when it should than
when it's off when it should be, I may put two switches in parallel.
You would be surprised at how complicated this electro-mechanical-hydraulic system is.
I occasionally need hot water outside in the winter so I can use the PVC pipe that runs through the basement wall from the existing setup to snake a garden hose through the pipe from the water heater, the same one that I will snake the output hose for this pump.
Being more or less portable since the output is a flexible, detachable garden hose, this pump can be used for other things.
It's a win-win.