floor tub filler mount?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msy88

Reaction score
We're in the process of remodeling our master bath. When we were shopping for floor tub fillers for our freestanding tub, we were shocked about the prices of the various brand name models (Kohler, Moen, Delta,...). Upwards of $1200 seems to be a typical price tag for these things. So we were quite excited to find a "Jado 817614.150" on eBay for a couple hundred bucks (supposedly this was selling for ~$800 list, although it is currently unavailable).

The catch is - it didn't come with a floor mount valve to mount it to. The base of this filler consists of a brass cylinder and two flex hoses with 1/2 female tread fittings (see picture). I'm thinking there should be SOMETHING that I can mount to the floor or joist that
- provides a shut-off function
- allows me to tie my supply lines into (I'm arriving with 3/4 pex, probably transitioning down to 1/2" if needed)
- provides two male 1/2 treads to attach these flex lines to

I've been looking up floor mount valves for other brands, but it seems they are all different and specific to their respective models/brands and probably won't fit my Jado model...

Any ideas/advice on what I could use or where to find a Jado-specific rough-in valve for the floor tub filler?

Thanks,
Martin

20140701_123457.jpg

You can get a male fitting to go from your female to pex. I would just go back down that pex to an easy access point and stick in a pex to pex ball valve or if you are running a homerun system just shut it off at the manifold. That’s the way I did all mine.

If you are going to transition from .75 to .50 do it at the ball valve.

Last edited:
Thanks much!
I just called their tech support (still a live person!) and he confirmed that there IS no custom rough-in valve for this model. So rigging something like you suggested (with an access panel and shut off valves) seems to be the only viable solution. I'll take a photo when I'm done and post it here.

Just as long as people know where the valve is in case something springs a leak ball valves IMO are better.Will be watching for your post. Good luck.

Ok. Here's what I did:
Just as a side note - I'm using ProPEX connectors with a Milwaukee M12 expansion tool and so far I'm loving it!

- I transitioned from 3/4 to 1/2"
- I added two ball valves (they're about $16 a piece and if I had done it on the 3/4" side they would have cost ~$26/piece), accessible through the ceiling in a hallway below the bathroom
- I left ~14" of 1/2" pex pipe before going up through my floor, so have some flexibility as I need to move the end of my contraption during the remaining construction (hydronic radiant, tile)
- 90 degree elbows
- ~4" vertical 1/2" pex
- 1/2" propex -> male NPT
- cut a 6.25" x 9.25" hole in the drywall below
- used an Oatey 34055 access panel to make it look neat (~$10 via Amazon)

Pictures are attached. Please lmk if anyone has any questions.

Thanks again for the advice bud16415!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Nice work. I haven't used those connectors yet. Will have to check that out.

Glad to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Latest posts

Back