Now I see visible spark when in my power tool...why?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikasintl

Reaction score
I recently installed new GFCI outlet and in my understanding I did not do anything wrong and first time (after new outlet install) I turned the circuit breaker on in the main panel I saw a spark in outlet ....so I was kinda nervous ...something did not feel right but I went ahead and test GFCI receptacle and it turned yellow and I checked other outlet in the circuit which was after this new GFCI receptacle in the line....(New GFCI outlet I installed is the first one in that circuit) ..there was no current at other outlet so I was kinda relaxed. Than I reset the button and hooked my senco screw driver but I saw visible spark ...I tried couple of time but it was visible spark both the times...well next I checked another corded drill and same thing...visible spark......I have used these screw drivers/drill before and never saw any visible spark either in day or night...so what do u think I have done wrong in this new outlet installation that is causing visible spark?

Of course for now I have turned off that circuit in the main panel ...and not comfortable using this circuit unless I solve the problem.

Were are you seeing the spark? Is it in the breaker, GFCI receptacle, the tool, or...

Back