Asbestos

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

Being a pipeline contractor I run into Asbestos pipe all the time. Just recently I was thinking. We are all so scared of this stuff, if we find out it was used in a classroom or building we condemn the place until it is removed yet we have absolutely no problem drinking and bathing in the water that comes through asbestos pipes? I know it is essentially harmless when wet but still, it just doesn't make sense.:help:

No I ground it up and fed it to people..

Really I hang it on my wall as a trophy.

Being a pipeline contractor I run into Asbestos pipe all the time. Just recently I was thinking. We are all so scared of this stuff, if we find out it was used in a classroom or building we condemn the place until it is removed yet we have absolutely no problem drinking and bathing in the water that comes through asbestos pipes? I know it is essentially harmless when wet but still, it just doesn't make sense.:help:

If your breathing that water asbestos isn't your first concern.:p

asbestos abatement is the biggest scam their is.

when you run into asbestos. just get it wet, peel it off and put it in a plastic trash bag tied up.

i got a true one for you.

12x12 vinyl looking tile floor in a classroom was asbestos, big deal,,,,

in comes the abatement crew. the build a containment, put on the space suit, all that ****

they even put a fan in the room cause it was hot..the fan was sitting in an open window.

when confronted, they all of a sudden no savyed us

another job, hospital boiler room, fellas this damn room has steam leaks out the ***, GD maintaince man did not know a MF thing

abate crew comes in, builds a containment. turned to us and said, we are ready, shut it down.

WE laughed and laughed like we were at a party on saturday night.

AHHH no man, this is a hospital, everything stays on. work it live

after they built the containment, the boiler room was EVERY bit 150----180 degrees maybe more

poor SOB's worked 15 minutes, layed on the grass for 30 minutes, work 15 lay out 30
all night

another thing i saw about that place. they had a incinerator behind my trailer.

they burned the orange bags, feet, legs, stuff like that

then, i notice the maintaince guy, rake the ash's out, throw them in the street

and the street sweeper comes by and sweeps you away

DADDAMN!!!!!!!!

Asbestos cement pipe. We cut into it all the time. It's everywhere around here.

Asbestos cement pipe. We cut into it all the time. It's everywhere around here.

Chris

Figure out a proprietary way to remove asbestos pipe safely and very expensive. Then get a couple of senators on your side to write some new regulations to save our kids from drinking asbestos water and force removal and replacement of that million miles of pipe.
You will be richer than Bill Gates.
:)

I used to be state certified to remove it but it's a pain to keep up with. Easier to pay someone else.

Latest posts

Back