Dishwasher water inlet valve

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cb104

Reaction score
My water inlet valve has a slow drip leak where it connects to the dishwasher. The leak is not coming from the connector where the water supply connects. It is leaking when it is not running. Would a slight tighten up help this or do I need to replace it? I'm at work so can't tighten right now to see and was going to pick up valve while I'm out if I needed to.

I believe you are talking about where the dishwasher "ell" connects to the dishwasher. That is a 90 degree brass connector with male threads on both ends. Undo the supply line, unscrew the ell, wrap Teflon tape around the threads that go into the dishwasher and reinstall. From memory I think you want it to point towards the rear of the dishwasher when it is tight. Then reinstall the supply line but do NOT use Teflon tape there. Flared fittings seal against the rubber ring in the supply line.

My water inlet valve has a slow drip leak where it connects to the dishwasher. The leak is not coming from the connector where the water supply connects. It is leaking when it is not running. Would a slight tighten up help this or do I need to replace it? I'm at work so can't tighten right now to see and was going to pick up valve while I'm out if I needed to.

In general DW are connected with either some class of flexible connector, or soft copper.

If the connector appears to have some mineral deposits around the leak, do not just tighten it, turn the supply off, loosen and inspect the fitting and clean before reconnecting.

Depending upon the age of a flexible supply line, some of them used a neopreme gasket which can fail.Neopreme is black in color and rubbing your finger results in a black finger, replace it.

Latest posts

Back