Tankless Water Heater Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PghNinja

Reaction score
I am looking to spec a tankless water heater - Based on HomeDepot.com, I want to get something over 9 gallons per minute (based on an estimate of sometimes needing 4-7 gallons throughout the house.

Where I am stumped is on the "minimum temperature rise" for a winter in Pittsburgh, PA. I'd like to invest in a unit that will get the groundwater heated up appropriately so I'm not getting semi-hot water from the tap.

Any suggestions on a good unit for the temperature rise aspect for a cold-winter area? (I was planning on natural gas as I figured that would be more efficient and productive than electric)

Thanks in advance -

First of all, Home Depot is the last place you should consider purchasing a TWH at. All I can add is my personal (as with most viewers who like TWH's) choice is Navien.

http://us.navien.com/

I am looking to spec a tankless water heater - Based on HomeDepot.com, I want to get something over 9 gallons per minute (based on an estimate of sometimes needing 4-7 gallons throughout the house.

Where I am stumped is on the "minimum temperature rise" for a winter in Pittsburgh, PA. I'd like to invest in a unit that will get the groundwater heated up appropriately so I'm not getting semi-hot water from the tap.

Any suggestions on a good unit for the temperature rise aspect for a cold-winter area? (I was planning on natural gas as I figured that would be more efficient and productive than electric)

Thanks in advance -

You set the delivery temperature.

The most satisfying is with a timer and a recirculating system.

We install, and in no praticular preference, A.O. Smith, Noritz, Rinnai and Tagaki.

Back