Kitchen cabinets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple years ago I bought a whole oak kitchen including new dish washer, new gas stove. SS sink and faucet all brand name stuff and the countertops also new for $1600 off CL. The guy redid his whole kitchen using his old cabinets with all black appliances and his wife didn’t like it and wanted all SS appliances with white cabinets.

I had to haul them about 100 miles but thought it was a good deal. Those look pretty nice and if you don’t like the color you can paint them. Main thing is contact the poster and get sizes and figure a layout. Second is figure out what brand they are and if you can still get one or two if you need them. Go on line and price the builder grades at lowes to get a ball park of what new would cost you. I normally figure on CL for used in great shape I will pay about 25% of new price. If you love them and they are a perfect fit pay more. Most people are lazy and won’t want to take the time to haul them and figure out a layout and most builders will want to sell you new and not mess around with old stuff. Around here I see a couple kitchen a month like that for sale and sometimes they sit unsold for a long time sometimes they go quick. Could be a great find.

Had a look at doors and drawer front at Home depot. The would be worth 1500 with out the boxes.

Cabinets seem to go quick on there. Thier sold. Seems like within a day. I've seen it happen alot. Yea , seems sizes is a tough one for me .

I just emailed a guy who has some with countertops and a sink . 3 lowers , 3 uppers. 90$. Thier nothing nice but I can set up a make shift kitchen for now and not rush.

Around here at least and maybe it is a national thing. But women like to change their kitchens like they change their shoes. Growing up it was you put in a kitchen and that’s the one that stays in the house forever. A new stove or fridge when they die and can’t be fixed that’s it.

My sister bought a complete kitchen from some rich people for $1000 that I’m guessing the cost new was $25,000 most beautiful dark cherry kitchen I ever saw and was only 2 years old. When they asked why they were getting rid of it the woman said oh I wanted all white that dark wood is so dated.

Keep looking you will find something that fits right in.

Back