Terror attacks.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

What could possibly go through ones head to not only blow a bunch of innocent people up but to blow yourself up too?

These last ones were brothers, I couldn't imagine talking to my brother about strapping explosives to ourselves and detonating them.

Just does make sense to me, religion or not nobody is talking me into anything like that.

It is their belief to have sex with what, 71 virgins after blowing themselves up? I guess that promise is much better than their everyday sex with goats, I guess.

These are usually young people with a lot of life ahead of them, don't they have family that tells them "Hey, you will be dead and gone after this and accomplish nothing"?

That is one thing I will never understand. I couldn't imagine growing up in a place where murder is an acceptable thing to do.

Doesn't explain the idiots that grow up here and decide to join them.

Take a look at Obummer's home town of Chicago. Killings like this are a daily occurrence.

Take a look at Obummer's home town of Chicago. Killings like this are a daily occurrence.

But guns are illegal there?

I guess it is all a mentality thing. Why take the hard route in life?

It's indeed a sad world we live in, all we can do is do our best to try to improve it.

Sarge, :welcome: .

You are correct. Unfortunately there are bad people in the world who don't care for anything but inflicting pain on others. We are seeing the world change before our very eyes. What we are leaving our kids and grand kids will never be the same world that we have known. Sad.

I am 36 and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to grow up in my parents generation.

I am 36 and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to grow up in my parents generation.

Chris, I was born in '51. A child of the 60's, it was an age of innocence. We left doors open. When I was a kid we'd leave on our bikes and be gone all day. Go down to the creek and follow it for miles, shoot BB guns. Sometimes at each other. Sneak a quart of beer and a pack of Pall Malls at the grocery store with a fake note from our mom. Slept with the windows open, didn't have a clue what central air was in the summer was. we had a heck of a lot less and were a heck of a lot more happy.

Wouldn't dream of letting the grand kids out of sight when playing in our yard nowdays. I'm glad I was born when I was. Got to know the greatest generation (WWII Vets) that ever lived and we had the best music.

Chris, I was born in '51. A child of the 60's, it was an age of innocence. We left doors open. When I was a kid we'd leave on our bikes and be gone all day. Go down to the creek and follow it for miles, shoot BB guns. Sometimes at each other. Sneak a quart of beer and a pack of Pall Malls at the grocery store with a fake note from our mom. Slept with the windows open, didn't have a clue what central air was in the summer was. we had a heck of a lot less and were a heck of a lot more happy.

Wouldn't dream of letting the grand kids out of sight when playing in our yard nowdays. I'm glad I was born when I was. Got to know the greatest generation (WWII Vets) that ever lived and we had the best music.

And every one was wearing rose colored glasses.
:hide:

What we don't like about today is the fear we live under. Pick a people or time in history and you will find they were controlled by fear of one kind or another.

I remember being 7-8 when the Bay of Pigs was going on in Cuba. My dad had us all take a vote to either install a bomb shelter, or a nice pool. As you can see, we got the pool!

Dad's Old Slides  (124).JPG

Latest posts

Back