Best push lawnmower???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockrz

Reaction score
OK, so I'm thinking about upgrading our push mower which we've had for 3 years now that I've already had to change the drive belt once for the front wheel drive and buy new front wheels that are already wearing down significantly and they are less than a year old.

The one we have now is a Troy Built with a Briggs and Straton. The engine seems to run just fine (I had to add an inline fuel filter and a high performance spark plug... might put some headers on it, I dunno :cool: )

IF I do get a new mower, I'd like one that is front wheel drive only and one that the belt for the front wheel drive is easily accessible. The one we have now was a PITA to replace the belt on.

I have heard people say the Honda lawn mowers are really good. Can anybody vouch for them, or have other recommendations?

Oh and, I never under any circumstances use the bag to collect the grass in. I just let er mulch it up since I like to streamline my mowing and get the job done without a lot of hassle.

Last edited:
Back