DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Installing backer board in my tub alcove

Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 PM  
crapbathroom

Default Installing backer board in my tub alcove

I am installing the backerboard in my tub alcove, i know how to fasten it however i would like to know since I have a double tiling flange, if i can bring my backerboard down to the top of the second flange (the top one) and then tile to the bottom of the second flange (like halfway, on the top of the first flange?) if that makes sense. I am asking because the flange is not flat, its actually beveled.

PLEASE HELP.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I am not a tile man, but it seems that the double flange thing is self explanatory. I would have done exactly as you have done. The bevel is the same on a standard flange tub or shower. I assume it's there to aggrevate the crap out of the drywall hanger.

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 PM  
crapbathroom

It only seems logical to put it just above, otherwise it's going to stick out at the bottom but it seems that bathtubs don't really come with instructions, and it's hard enough flagging someone down in home depot who will take a woman, and an 18 year old at that seriously when it comes to home renovation.

Quick Reply