Replace weatherstripping

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdrymer

Reaction score
Hello all - I need to replace the seal along the bottom of an exterior door on my garage as the thin wool pile weatherstripping has disintegrated in the corner and is allowing water to enter into the garage during heavy rain storms. My question is whether there is any better products I can use? It seems any other traditional weatherstripping would be too wide for the door to close properly.

This particular threshold is only 4.75 inches wide and there is not enough room to install a door bottom seal. The door doesn't sit over the threshold, it just is supposed to seal against the lip protruding up as you see in the pictures. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

IMG_20170721_084808593.jpg

IMG_20170721_084836333.jpg

Thanks! This option may work, I'll have to see if I can remove the existing threshold to install this as this looks like it is an integrated pre-hung door.

Thanks! This option may work, I'll have to see if I can remove the existing threshold to install this as this looks like it is an integrated pre-hung door.

I have them similar to that I just screwed them down on top of the threshold.

Latest posts

Back