My old chevy

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
In 1974 I bought 2 tires that were on the back of this car for $15 only to find out I had to wait till the car went to the junk yard. So I took the car and put in a transmission and drove it for 4 years. After that it sat in the yard for a year and my brother inlaw asked if he could have it. He stored it in a lean to shed until about 2007 and now he has it looking pretty good.
That is my bother inlaw in the black shirt.

image1.jpg

NICE RIDE !!!!!!!!

Is that you with the hat?

No I haven't seen the car yet. It was supposed to be here for a show the other day but they were calling for rain so he canceled. He lives on one of the islands out in the straight.

Sweet. What a great story. Did you ever get the two tires?

First car I owned was a 62 Impala, Marina Blue with a white conv top. 283 with powerglide. Of all the cars I've owned, that's the first on the list I wished I'd of kept.

Nice looking car Neal!

I am not sure but I think he put a 409 in it. But is was the 283 when I had it. I am still trying to find the guy that gave it to me.

my first car was a 64 falcon, wish i still had it

My first car was a 1965 Rambler Classic. at 16 years old it was quite the car and it had the laydown rambler seats.

Great for camping....:p

laydown rambler.jpg

Why dont they make new vehicles with something like this... I would love to be able to camp in my car comfortably.

Why dont they make new vehicles with something like this... I would love to be able to camp in my car comfortably.
Doesn't anyone here read Backwoodsman magazine? A few issues ago they had an article by a guy who converted his Hyundai Accent hatchback into an RV and lived in it for months. Looked pretty comfy!

Latest posts

Back