Mixer valve shower head combo kit replacement options!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxdad118

JOAMOS
Reaction score
So my father in law built our master bedroom/bath and installed the lowest rated, low gpm shower valve and head combo. Originally I thought it was my galvanized pipe with years of corrosion. All replaced and back on, yay! I am beat😩. So after researching my shower valve and head, it doesn't have good reviews, only 1.8 gpm. I want a shower to peel paint!! Not really, but you know what I mean. I have this Glacier Bay combo kit and was looking at this Moen unit with 2.5 gpm. Should I notice a substantial change?

IMG_1197.PNG

IMG_1198.PNG

remove the flow restrictor
and soak the whole shower head in vinegar over night, to remove build up

Showerhead-Flow-Restrictor-Adaptor.jpg

I removed this little doohickey and little to no change. The reviews all state very low pressure and there appears to be a 'fix' and it requires removing some plastic cartridge?? Not sure how to go about it because the videos valve is somewhat different looking.

image.jpg

I pulled my restrictor screws out and my unit didn't have the black plastic pieces shown in the video above? Decided to remove the cartridge and check the ports, nothing crazy looking but after flushing out the system, I have much improved volume and pressure! Not sure what the culprit was but it's never worked so well!

Latest posts

Back