Paslode nail framing gun vs Bostitch combo

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesefood

Ask me bout homebrewtalk.
Reaction score
I'm getting into a molding project and I'm picking up a nail gun. Should I go with the Paslode nail gun, or the Bostitch 3 gun combo?

They're both the same price, but obviously I get more stuff with the Bostitch pack. I know the compressor sucks, but how are the guns?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting into a molding project and I'm picking up a nail gun. Should I go with the Paslode nail gun, or the Bostitch 3 gun combo?

They're both the same price, but obviously I get more stuff with the Bostitch pack. I know the compressor sucks, but how are the guns?

Hi,

I just got a Paslode framing nailer(cordless) and have to say I love it:) Now you gotta understand i've come from using a hammer..never even used a nailer:). I only have it 2 weeks and so far it's great bang bang bang you're done.

I bought it on ebay from Paslode (it was a refurb).

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the pasloads but....
The 3 pack hands down. The brad nailer and stapler will come in handy alot. The pasload is ok for a contractor with a small finishin up job to do. The compressor is also just fine for those guns to run. The stapler may make the compressor have some catchin up to do from time to time...that just lets you stand around and wait, and see if you forgot to do somethin first.:eek:

I have em all.:cool:

I like the pasloads but....
The 3 pack hands down. The brad nailer and stapler will come in handy alot. The pasload is ok for a contractor with a small finishin up job to do. The compressor is also just fine for those guns to run. The stapler may make the compressor have some catchin up to do from time to time...that just lets you stand around and wait, and see if you forgot to do somethin first.:eek:

I have em all.:cool:

I've been thinking that. I think I'm going to take back the Paslode and get the three pack. If I find that the compressor can't keep up, I can use that for bike / car tires and get a new one, right?

You can always upgrade later...but Me thinks this compressor will do OK for what you are tackling.:)

You can always upgrade later...but Me thinks this compressor will do OK for what you are tackling.:)
what he said.
I have a small cheapo compressor and use it at work for finishing work and never have any problems with it keeping up.

My line of work The Paslode has always been a time saver, a good friend and nothing in my way with the gas models.

It really depends on your needs. The Bostitch package will handle most of your nailing needs and I especially like Bostitch products. Add a Bostitch impact palm nailer and you'll have a set to cover every job. The palm nailer drives bulk nails from 5d to 70d, so it's nice for framing applications, joist hangers, and confined spaces.

Back