old house, sink in weird spot...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marouschka

Reaction score
We are about to buy a 1878 Victorian house and the kitchen has to be completely redone. I'm a little concerned because as of right now, it's the stove that is right beneath the window. The kitchen is L shaped and of course I would like the sink , which is on the other side of the L, to be by the window. I know nothing about plumbing so would you say it's possible transfer the sink to the other side?

Marie.

There realy shouldn't be a problem and if your redoing the kitchen anyway I can't see why not. As they say there usally always a way.

What is under the floor of your kitchen - a basement, crawlspace, or it sitting on the ground?

there's a crawl space under the kitchen. I've finally decided to place the main sink on the island.
Marie.

there's a crawl space under the kitchen. I've finally decided to place the main sink on the island.
Marie.

With a crawl space, you should be able to move the sink anywhere you want. You'll have to reroute the plumbing in the crawlspace, but at least you have access to it.

Marie.
Well your off to the races then. Don't forget to post some pics, we would like to see the finshed results, before to if you can.

Back