venetian plaster over wallpaper?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vstroud

Reaction score
I am wondering if it would save me time to venetian plaster over wallpaper? Or should I just remove all this dang wallpaper (what was I thinking) then do the job. I will be putting the home on the market in 2 years...

Thanks

I think you're asking for trouble if you don't remove the wall paper. ;)

Removing wallpaper is easy...why take any chances?

Good Luck

Rent a wallpaper steamer and score the paper. You'll be amazed at how it comes off.

Smells pretty, too. :D

LOL...We used a spray on wallpaper remover (non toxic). Wiped it on with a sponge, let it sit for 5 minutes or so and the paper peeled right off. I think it was just soapy water myself. Our wallpaper was porous. If your paper isn't porous, you need to score it first with one of those roller thingy's, then apply the remover.

Our drywall texture guy recommended using Zinsser oil base primer over the leftover wallpaper glue to insure good adhesion of his texturing mud to the wall. Worked like a champ! Just have to ventilate VERY well when using this stuff...:eek:

...Our drywall texture guy recommended using Zinsser oil base primer over the leftover wallpaper glue to insure good adhesion of his texturing mud to the wall. Worked like a champ! Just have to ventilate VERY well when using this stuff...:eek:

I use Zinsser Bulls Eye Odorless a lot. Will be using it tomorrow, in fact. It's not completely odor free, but it sure makes a big difference.

Latest posts

Back