Originally Posted by glennjanie
The thing on TV is simply an infrared appliance. There are heaters that look like a hair dryer for less money. Heat is the secret to get lead paint off wherever the heat comes from. The lead melts and releases from the wood so you can just peel it off.
Ooohh... bad idea.
The last thing you want to do is use heat or abrasion to remove lead paint. Those are the 2 sure fire ways ( no pun intended ) to get as much lead into the air as possible. If you're going to remove it, use a chemical stripper. The enzyme based strippers work really well and won't destroy your health in the process.