Hello to all!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anevitte

Reaction score
Hello to all in the try to fix it up yourself world!!!

I am looking for help in regards to a gas stove problem.

I have a 36" Tappan Custom 5 burner gas stove that was built probably in 1981. The manufacturers model # sticker no longer is intact. The manufacturers in their infinite wisdom thought it was a WONDERFUL idea to put this on a PAPER STICKER underneath the center gas burner of the stove. Only a small portion of this sticker remains, none of it legible. There are no other areas on the stove, inside or out, that are marked with any kind of model number. Believe me I have looked everywhere. The reason I assume it was made in 1981 is that there is an electrical scematic on the back of the stove with a date of 10/17/1981. I am the third owner of my home and unfortunately the owner manuel for the stove was not left with the house.

My stove stopped working and my gas company said the ignitor and the gas tubing were bad. They can replace the ignitor, but do not have a gas tube and could not provide any ideas to track one down. I have contacted Tappan, now a part of Electrolux, and received no help from them. Without a model number I'm out of luck with them. They only list model #'s in their system. They don't have anything that breaks down what model number's for specific types of appliances where made during specific years. Also, contacting vintage/classic appliance restoration people hasn't produced much help either. Now these type of business's must have someone who manufactures or restores parts for stoves so they work again. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to do the work they do and have a product to sell!!!

HELP!!! The stove is in OUTSTANDING condition and I hate the thought of trashing it and spending $2000.00 for a new good quality gas stove. Although they sure look great and have nice features. Maybe in the future.

Does anyone know of someone who might remanufacture or manufacture gas tubing for gas stoves. I'm in S Florida, but any company would be great.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou to all,
Annette

Back