Hello everyone. My name is Eric (31 years old) and I live in cold Vermont. I am a computer programmer and have made it a "hobby" to improve our 1955 cape (first home - bought it in fall '05) and have done quite a bit. Here is a list of all that I've done....
1. Re-painted 6/6 rooms in our cape
2. Added half-wall between kitchen and living room.
3. Installed new cellar windows (sliders)
4. Installed baseboard heat (to existing furnace) in basement.
5. Built custom home theater in basement (tongue and groove ceiling, walls, projector, screen, sound system, with all hidden wires, etc.)
6. Re-wired whole house with new electrical including new service panel.
7. Wired each room with cable and telephone combo boxes, down to a central "hub" in basement, next to the new service panel.
8. Installed a new bathroom fan vent. The old one was installed wrong with dryer flexible tubing that collected condensation and leaked back into the house.
9. Reinforced existing external garage with 52 new studs, rewired with cable, telephone and electrical.
10. Installed insulation and plywood on walls in garage & insulated ceiling.
Next project (in this order):
- Re-paint hallways in house (last areas to paint)
- Add solar heat panels to front (south facing) of garage.
- New Roof (this summer)
- Add second floor/platform above garage doors for storage with wooden stairs and a pulley.
- Buy & Install Tankless Hot water heater.
- New Furnace
Anyway, if you had any of the above projects and what to chat about them, send me a line. I am always up for learning something new.
I also subscribe to The Handyman Magazine and swear by it! I also have found some AWESOME tools from the "Cool Tools" show on satellite.
I keep telling my wife that I am a Computer Programmer, but everytime I finish a project, she gives me a kiss and a beer then tells me about what "she" wants to do next! Does it ever end?!
Last edited by TheFentonGuy; 01-28-2008 at 08:59 AM.