DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Advice - Tankless Water Heaters !

Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 AM  
sandy2982

Default Advice - Tankless Water Heaters !

Hi ,

I finally decided to replace the water heater I have with a tankless one. After some research, I narrowed the choices down to two "finalists": Takagi and Rinnai tankless water heaters. Rinnai seems to have some advantages, among them higher output (8.3gpm vs. Takagi's 6.9gmp) and, most important, lower kick-off flow (0.5gpm vs. Takagi's 0.75gmp). On the other hand Takagi seems more spread than Rinnai and also I could find a lot of information for Takagi and almost none for Rinnai.

Need some advice from people who are using these water heaters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 11:16 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome Sandy:
I don't have a tankless water heater but, if my geo-thermal heat and cool didn't heat my water, I would have a tankless. The water heater companies say it is the greenest, most efficient way to go because you only heat the water being used.
In your case it looks like the Rinnai would be the best choice.
Glenn

Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 AM  
sandy2982

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the guidance. I have bought Rinnai and its working great for me ! It serves two baths simultaneously ! Thats simply amazing to me

Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 PM  
Michael Thomas

I have Takagi gas fired tankless water heaters at my home, my office and at 3 of our rentals. They are now working work well, but we encountered a number of issues when installing them, all of which turn out to be generic to most gas fired tankless units.

I’ve put up this page describing some of the installation issues we encountered, and how to resolve them:

Tankless Water Heater Installation FAQ

Quick Reply