DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Concrete work in my back yard

Old 05-21-2008, 06:29 PM  
kanetkark

Default Concrete work in my back yard

Hi,

I am planning to do some concrete work in my back yard. Previous owner had put in a 19 ft by 14 ft concrete patch with salt finish. I want to have some more concrete in back yard and on the side of the house.
My question is how hard is it match concrete finish with my existing concrete. Is it advisable to match or should I just remove previous concrete and re-lay everything?

Regards

Kiran

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 06:39 AM  
yesitsconcrete

Default its impossible,,,

to match any previous conc,,, you can't even get 2 successive loads out of the same plant to match - different things affect color - cement supply, amt of wtr, time in trk, sun when curing, etc,,, all this being said, you'll come close &, having done it yourself, will live w/it.

if you can't, overlay the while thing !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply