DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > Finding a Contractor to fix Floor Joists

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default Finding a Contractor to fix Floor Joists

I have 5 cracked and twisted floor joists that need repair.
I'm guessing these damaged joists are causing the
unlevel floor in my living room. Long story short, the joists
were concealed by a drop ceiling in the basement and
the unlevel floor was hidden by carpeting.

What kind of credentials do I look for in a contractor to fix
floor joists? I am having a licensed structural engineer come
out and do an evaluation of the situation before
I hire a contractor.


yakker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 PM  
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,990
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Welcome Carly:
The Home Builder's Association certifies builders and remodelers. You might google them and find the local association.
glennjanie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Finding Ceiling Joists? yodelking591 General Home Improvement Discussion 4 07-31-2008 06:30 PM
Help finding a blower fan for a RUDD AC unit HVAC 1 07-23-2008 06:16 PM
Need help finding examples... ks_tornado_chic Carpentry and Woodworking 5 07-21-2006 04:08 PM