DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Vintage Stove Question !

Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 PM  
vintagedixie66

Default Vintage Stove Question !

Hello Everyone I'm a Newbie here and have a Question about my Vintage Stove , It is a Gaffers & Sattler Occidental and that's about all I know about it , I would love to find out the year as I've been searching the web trying to find one like it . I have one pilot that I can't get to lite , but can lite the burners with a match , other than that everything the griddle , broiler and oven work great. I'm a DIY so I'm in the process of repainting it ! So I do have a Question can you repaint over the Chrome! I'm wanting to do the main body Red the Chromed part Red and the Top of the Griddle Black . I know I'll have to use universal knobs for it , and I've already found those except for the oven and broiler knobs . The only thing that doesn't work is the clock and I'm not really concerned if it works or not . So here's a few Pictures of my stove and if anyone can answer the questions asked , I Thank you in advance.

kitty's in the yard 092.jpg   kitty's in the yard 090.jpg   kitty's in the yard 088.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM  
SublimeMasterJW

You should think about having the chrome pieces re-chromed, that is a classic stove. Nice. Looks like a fourtys maybe early 50s model.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:45 AM  
NOVA Pros

I was just on Craigslist looking for some kitchen items, and I found someone selling a stove that looks similar to yours. I wonder if you could get parts from another one. I am not sure how much they were selling the stove for, but at least it is a thought to go in search of parts from another stove that someone may have just "sitting around".

NOVAPros

Quick Reply