DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Manufactured and mobile home info

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM  
Daryl in Nanoose
Senior Member
Daryl in Nanoose's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 767
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Manufactured and mobile home info

Here is a little info on anyone who has a Manufactured or Mobile home that is or wanting to renovate.
There is a change here in BC Canada, before you start tearing things apart or covering up walls inside or out find the CSA approved sticker on the outside and also find the CSA sticker on your main breaker panel ( inside the cover) and any original electrical permits,occupancy permits and so on. Take pictures of these stickers, right down all the info on the stickers and if you can photocopy everything you can in relation to the electrical.
I just found out that you can not list your house up for sale unless you have at least one of these otherwise you have to get the Electrical certified.
Of course getting your certificate is always a good idea before you start renovations.

Daryl in Nanoose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM  
inspectorD's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 4,490
Liked 264 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Default Thanks Daryll

I'll let my cohorts know down the line. In fact our meeting is tommorow night, good timing.
Just My
Made in the
inspectorD is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Manufactured Home Wooden Window Frames mimsathome Windows and Doors 1 03-13-2014 02:26 PM
Manufactured Home External Wall + Eroded Soil Spot tk3000 Roofing and Siding 4 09-15-2013 12:47 PM
Mobile home cheapest way to get a home? bryce General Home Improvement Discussion 7 05-30-2012 09:44 AM
Manufactured Home - vaulted ceiling, no vapor barrier, scanty insulation lgerold Insulation and Radiant Barriers 2 08-27-2009 10:00 PM
Mobile Home Mom djp Introductions 1 05-27-2007 06:44 PM

Newest Threads