Just wanted to let everyone know what they did to fix the problem.
The electrician went ahead & removed the plug & put what he called a blank plate over it. He said that way if any one else comes along to do work later they would know there was electrical wires behind there & he said that is code as well.
That way if anyone has my same problem they know what they can expect. Yeah I am still shocked
that someone would cook with the burner right below an outlet & not have any problems. I was shocked literally a few times when I touched the stove with the oven & stove top both on I think because there was grease in the out let ouch!
also my old stove was directly wired into the house. I had him put in a plug so other ppl would not have to deal with that problem at all. If I'm gonna do it I want it done right & these guys were great help.