DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Tools > Makita LXT405 combo

Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 AM  
Quattro
Massive Tool Belt

Default Makita LXT405 combo

I need some new cordless drivers, and I am looking at the Makita Lithium line.

Anyone have experience with these?

I'm looking at this kit in particular:

Amazon.com: Makita LXT405 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4 Piece Combo Set: Home Improvement

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 10:24 AM  
mman

I have the exact set. It has been great! Hammer drill was a new feature as my last porter cable didn't have it. Big help on concrete and masonry. I wasn't sure I would use the impact driver that much, but it is great for driving long screws or tight fits. Battey life and recharge time have been good. Pretty light relative to the power. I've had it for about 9 months and love it.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:50 PM  
handyguys

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

I too love the LXT line. The impact driver is my most favorite tool. I just ordered a second one! I don't have the flashlight so I cant comment on it. The saw is handy but under powered as expected for a cordless saw. Use the saw only with a freshly charged battery, go slow and do not expect it to do the job of a larger more powerful saw.

If I may, I hope no one minds - If you buy it from this link
The Handyguys Podcast Amazon Affiliate Store - Makita LXT405 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion 4 Piece Combo Kit
It will help support my podcasts and not cost you any more.

Have fun with your new tools.

The Handyguys Podcast [url]http://www.handyguyspodcast.com[/url]

Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 AM  
GreenIsGood
Howdy Ya'll!

These are great tools! We have a whole lot of the Makita 18-v tools - including everything in that kit. The charger is very fast, the batteries have held up great, and everything has worked marvelously. The flashlight is very handy - we've used both of ours extensively. Inside of each one is a spare bulb - just open the head and you'll find it. The impact drivers are the greatest when you have to attach metal to wood - which we do a lot of. No more need to pre-drill! We only use the circular saw sparingly - as it draws donw the battery fast and has the small diameter blade. It works very well, though. Be sure to price shop on the Internet as there are sometimes some real specials around!

Measure [B]Twice[/B], Cut [B]Once[/B]! 'Cause the lumber stretcher is broken!
[COLOR="Green"][B]Think [/B][/COLOR]before you throw it away! If you can't use it, maybe someone else can!
[URL="http://mymilescity.com"]My Website[/URL]

Quick Reply