DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Green Energy and Sustenance Living > Raidant Barrier Paint

Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM  
jmichel75

Default Raidant Barrier Paint

Hey guys... new to this forum.. I have a house that was built in the late 40's in DFW area in Texas. I have recently done some upgrades to my home, and I want to re-insulate my home with R-60 insulation. I did some research and was pricing stuff when i came across radiant barrier paint. I was wondering if any of you DIY'ers out there have installed this stuff and is it worth the cost for the paint. I called Sherman Williams and its about 500 for 5 gal bucket. I want to spray this stuff on. I have heard from some sites that you can spray it on just take the filters off the rental equip and get a larger nozzle for the gun and an extension wand. I want to spray before I blow the insulation in, but just want to know if any one had problems with the installation and or how hard it was to do this DIY task. It sounds like its effective, but want to weigh out my options. If any one has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Jose

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 AM  
handyguys

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

Is it sold by Billy Mayes?

The Handyguys Podcast [url]http://www.handyguyspodcast.com[/url]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply