Paint thinner and other solvents huh? Is your insurance paid up? Both homeowners and medical? Be careful, open several windows and shut any pilots, especially in the basements. (if you have one) Many if not all solvents are heavy and may collect near the floor or basement. A spark from a light switch, pilot or electric motor can cause a flash fire or worse.
Sanding may remove the "tacky", but will gum-up the paper right away.
Tile 4 You LLC
I've NEVER made a mistake....I thought I did once....but I was WRONG!