DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > Need Some Advice on Siding Selection

Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 PM  
Dcislander

Default Need Some Advice on Siding Selection

Getting ready to side our home and have two options for the siding we like: Georgia Pacific Cedar Spectrum or Certainteed Cedar Impressions. At first glance, both products follow the same specs (or close to):
.100 thickness
Triple-5" configuration
Molded polymer w color throughout
Seemless corners
GP is a bit cheaper, but we worry about fading and realistic woodgrain finish. The CT Impressions were reviewed by Consumer Reports and given a great grade all the way around but no review of the Georgia Pacific product. O= I cannot find out any info about he Spectrum. I know they offer fewer colors and configurations, but that is OK.

Anyone have any insight they can offer on either product?
Thanks much all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 10:31 PM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

Google

Google is a good place to start looking for reviews The BBB.org comes up first and might be worth checking out.... personally never used either siding.

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Old 10-05-2009, 10:34 PM  
Dcislander

Google was my first resource and where I found the specs. Unfortunately, a Google search turns up virtually no information on the Georgia Pacific product other than specs. No buyer reviews, no installer recommendations. Lots on the Certainteed, but nothing I can use to compare them.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:59 PM  
PostSidingLLC

Send a message via Skype™ to PostSidingLLC
Default Major Manufacturers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcislander View Post
Google was my first resource and where I found the specs. Unfortunately, a Google search turns up virtually no information on the Georgia Pacific product other than specs. No buyer reviews, no installer recommendations. Lots on the Certainteed, but nothing I can use to compare them.
D.R.-

Google is good for a lot of things but not this. Forget the GP stuff, they are merely resellers, and do not manufacture themselves. Stick with the tried and true CertainTeed - they actually make their own siding and all other products and have been around for over a hundred yrs and will be here when you are long gone
We have a motto in the biz... "Quality Remains Long After Price Is Forgotten".

Ron - VSI Certified Installer, using CertainTeed siding and roofing products for decades.

Quick Reply