basement wet bar tie-in

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterofnone2010

Reaction score
I'm currently undergoing a drain install for the soon-to-be wet bar in my basement. I have the tie-in exposed (4" abs roughly 5" under top of slab) Picked myself up a 4"x2" whye to run a 2" line to the new bar sink. Just curious if anyone has advice on how to install this whye fitting to get the best connection. I have approx. 3 inches cut out of the existing 4" line i'm tieing into, and the whye fitting looks to be quite difficult to install without being able to move the 4" abs up and down.
Any advice helps!

Could you provide some pictures? I'm having trouble picturing the current setup.

Pics i could get to later tonight.... let me try to elaborate a bit to give you a good idea of what i have...
Starting the project i had a full bathroom already installed and finished. Going forward, i saw cut and chipped the concrete to expose the 4" main drain line under the slab (right beside my toilet). In order for my wet bar to drain, i require tieing into this existing drain, so i have the concrete above the drain all saw cut and chipped. Carrying on from there, i have taken a saw and cut what is a 3" wide piece out of the 4". I realise a 3" piece will not be sufficient for a 4"x2"whye fitting to fit, but i didn't want to cut too much the first time. In order for this whye to fit in, in an ideal world i would have play in the pipe to move it back and forth or up and down, but the drain is existing and has gravel and mud surrounding it.
Hopefully this helps, for irrigation this would be an easy fix with a sliding coupler, but its not. So lets see if you understand a little better now :)

Its alll goood, got it all figured out. Stub in a piece of 4" abs with basically an mj clamp to makeup for the small gap between the pipes.

Latest posts

Back