stick up light

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxmillan

Reaction score
Sylvania has come up with a very bright stick up light. I need more lighting for the tile shower stall in my basement. However, it's a very old 1919 house and I do not wish to toil with new wirings.

I was hoping to stick this light on the wall or ceiling just outside the shower stall (with curtain.) This is a directional bright LED light and would be sufficient. The wall is approximately one foot from the curtain (yes, very narrow.)

I don't think this light is waterproof. Do they make a waterproof stick up light? If not, I was even thinking of installing a bright bike LED light somehow. It's not as attractive but it is waterproof.

I don't know about a waterproof stick up light but, I wouldn't think it would have to be waterproof if you stick it to the ceiling.

I think it should be waterproof if it's in a shower.... maybe an electrician can answer for us.

I was hoping to put the stick up light outside of the shower on a wall which is only 15 inches from the curtain. The stick up light uses 3 AAA battery and would only be on when showering or cleaning the shower.

That location is perfectly fine without having a waterproof battery operated light.

The stick up light uses 3 AAA battery and would only be on when showering or cleaning the shower.
If you want more battery life rig up AA, C, or D cells to power this light. They have more Milliamperehour capacity.

Latest posts

Back