DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Need Energysmart HVAC but small access to locate

Old 05-04-2010, 04:43 PM  
atlsue

Default Need Energysmart HVAC but small access to locate

hello, all
My a/c died this week after a long life. Want to replace it and the furnace with a energy smart variety to take advantage of the tax credit...but....its in my attic (slab) and my attic stairs only allow about a 19-20 inch width . Can anyone suggest how i can find a energy smart heat and air unit, coils etc or however it works>>>>>>??? my ac guy is now trying to revive my old one since he cant find.

thanks in advance,
Sue

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Modify your house to accommodate or
have the HVAC guy partially disassemble a new unit
and reassemble in place.

There was one in an attic where they had cut a roof truss member to make room and made no attempt to rebuild the truss member around the unit. I guess they could say they are HVAC guys, not carpenters or structural engineers.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 AM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

You could always try to have it located in another area of your household; do you have a basement or utility room?

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Old 05-26-2010, 01:07 PM  
dsonshine

We have a small space because our heat/ac is in a closet. This has been a good choice for us because even though it is a small space it can be worked on and I don't have to pay extra for the repairs.
We are considering installing a Programmable Thermostats Does anybody have any thought on that?

Quick Reply