DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > How do you change swithched outlets and continue power to swithch box

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 AM  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


ok joe d, i stand corrected about the "half" switched receptacles. upon further review if i am reading it right this time he has power supplied to the plugs in question and a switch leg running to the 3 gange box with one of the three controlling them. if this is the case and he wants power with a nuetral at the wall switch he can change the plugs with the broke tabs to make them all hot, use the switch leg now as a 120 volt supply from the plugs and viola, power to the three gange box. the switch leg that was carrying one hot wire to be broken was probably 12-2 w/g using black and white for hot only. if so he can use it for 120 v supply. all this is said if he doesn't mind giving up the "half" switched part of the plug. sorry if i read it wrong earlier. thanks, buddy

budro is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed to determine whether I should continue fixing or not karig13 General Home Improvement Discussion 3 01-15-2010 11:01 AM
Help me change my ac filter capers HVAC 3 12-23-2009 01:45 PM
Change Locks sentros General Home Improvement Discussion 5 04-04-2009 09:48 AM
Can I change a 220 circuit into a 110 and how? Tazman Electrical and Wiring 16 05-18-2008 09:17 AM
Removed outlets & switches but lost power to others? Amber Electrical and Wiring 4 04-14-2008 06:15 PM