GFCI Query?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankertoad

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with outlets in my motorhome. I know this is home based info, but I'm hoping that you will be able to solve it for me. My power comes in to central breaker box and divides from there. The outlet circuit moves forward from breaker box on right side of motorhome under counters to GFCI just forward of sink. Power is good here. Then it reverses to an outlet near floor and then farther back to an outlet in closet, still powered. Then it reverses again and travels forward 3 feet and crosses under floor to bathroom and another GFCI. This is where I start to pull my hair out. THE GFCI is backed by another outlet in the bedroom on other side of wall. Then it goes forward on left side of coach to another 4 outlets. From the GFCI forward is my problem area. These outlets are intermittent at best, 99% inoperative at worst My Son thinks the second GFCI on the same circuit is the culprit, even though the circuit does not pop. May you have more than 1 on the same circuit? Thanks in advance.

no, if you are sure of the layout, the second GFCI is not needed, GFCI protection is provided by the first gfci. The layout you describe is 9 outlets. I don't know the requirements/recommendations for motorhomes but this could be too many outlets. Also in home, kitchens and baths are often required to be on separate circuits.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back