DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Single Source, multiple switches and lights

Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM  
joelongstreet

Default Single Source, multiple switches and lights

I'm wiring a series of lights and I'd like them to all be on the same circuit. I've read that junction boxes should never be located in an area where they're not accessible (eg. behind walls, under floors, etc.).

How do I go about connecting the three switches/lights without using a junction box? See diagram attached.

Thank you,

Joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

So, you want to connect them without a junction box? I'm not sure if that's safe and to code, but I'm not a certified electrician either.

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Old 09-01-2010, 06:19 AM  
budro

any joining of voltage carrying wires has to be in a junction box to meet code except the power companies splice overhead on a service drop. the size and material the box is made of has to meet code too. a type of switch called a "decor" can house three switches in a single gange box if that will help. be safe. if you don't know what you are doing, you can burn the place down. budro

Quick Reply