DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Yellow Mold growing side of my foundation

Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM  
Harry_Tx

Default Yellow Mold growing side of my foundation

Hi, i noticed something interesting growing in a small section on the side of my foundation, in my patio. It is a four year old house in Houston, Texas.
Please see attached Picture. This nasty stuff is yellow, and quite hard.

It showed up about 4 months back in the same location, and the only way i got rid of it was pouring Bleach over it ( you can see the black in the center ) Now it has come back..

the only thing i can suspect is moisture retaining after I water my plants that are in the patio.

Any suggestions, on what this is, and is it dangerous. What are the remedies to get rid of it/ prevent it.

Picture 024.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

What mold looks like, what harmless mold looks like, stuff that is not mold: How to recognize Stuff that is Not Mold or Harmless Mold but may be mistaken for Toxic Mold - save your money

Should help you out a bit; I believe that goes over yellow mold and non-mold.

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply