DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > Eaves troughs VS water deflector

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 1
Default Eaves troughs VS water deflector

I have heard that there is a substitute for eaves troughs called a water deflector which is angled out at 45 degrees protruding approx. 2" out past the singles. Is this true? Web site?

Last edited by rainman; 09-10-2010 at 02:30 PM.
rainman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM  
oldognewtrick's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 10,752
Liked 1420 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 407


If you are not worried about water at ground level of your house they would probably work OK. What they do is create a spray out of the water coming off the roof and drop water on the ground. In areas where water runoff is a problem they don't work.
oldognewtrick is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Flexible eaves trough Jungle Roofing and Siding 9 05-07-2014 06:28 PM
Kenmore water softener brine tank full of water kb8wfh Plumbing Forum 3 04-12-2014 03:37 PM
Eaves damage juthaman Roofing and Siding 2 03-08-2013 05:59 PM
Can bath water or water from a washing machine be used to water the lawn? dylanalexander55 General Home Improvement Discussion 3 08-10-2012 06:32 AM
Basement water leak due to a submersible sump pump failing in a water well stanigator Plumbing Forum 1 05-18-2009 05:27 PM

Newest Threads