DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Major exterior house renovation.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM  
Wannabehomeowner92

Default Major exterior house renovation.

Hi all. This is my first post so go easy

After extensive research and a ton of estimates. I just agreed on $42,000 with a contractor to redo the exterior of my house. The guy will be doing: New brickface, cleaning sidewalls then adding stucco new front steps and pillars, new roof, fixing cracked brick sides, new back steps and, and finnaly new cement sidewalk on all sides of the house.

Did I received a fair price for the job? This is in Brooklyn, NY.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 510 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 150

First, Welcome to House Repair Talk.

That being said there is no way possible for anyone to tell if you got a good/fair deal. Hopefully you did your homework and have throughly checked this guy out. AND please don't let pay him in full till the jobs complete to your satisfaction. You should be asked to make draws against the total, but leave enough money to finish the job should he walk.

Also does your contract detail exactly what work duties will be preformed and by who? Make sure he pulls a permit and gets the inspections. The permitt should be hanging in your front window.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply